Thursday, June 9, 2011

Camping with Kiddos

 Mike and I love to camp, so we thought, why not combine our love of camping with our love of family. That was the original thought. About half way through this past weekend, my thought was "who's idea was it to take two small children to a place with open flames and tons of dirt." :) After I relaxed a little and realized just how handy baby wipes are, we had so much fun!!!
For dinner we roasted hot dogs on the camp fire. Katelyn was super excited because she was actually allowed to eat a hot dog. I think she loved the roasting of marshmallows even more...that meant eating s'mores!

While Katelyn was roasting hot dogs and marshmallows, Ryan was relaxing and knocking one back in his big boy camping chair. Don't worry, it's just milk.

The best part of the whole trip was sleeping as a family under the stars. I can't wait for many more camping trips and family adventures as the kids grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment